205 West 19th Street, Apt. 9FL
$12,500,000 | 4 Bedrooms | 3.5 Bathrooms | Co-op
Exquisite full floor loft cooperative consisting of 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and the most stunning entertaining rooms. The 360 degree views create a sun-flooded apartment throughout the day. The journey begins when you walk off the elevator into a large entry foyer. The loft is cleverly designed with the public rooms on one side and the bedroom wing on the other. The design of this loft is very modular, with pocket doors throughout, creating either intimate or grand scale entertaining. There is literally no wasted space as one room blends directly into another.
For more information about today’s 10am Special, please visit corcoran.com.
La Piscine at Hotel Americano
518 West 27th Street (at 10th Avenue), New York, NY 10001
The rooftop is over the top sexy, full of model types and serves really potent drinks. It’s a bit snobby and the “pool” is laughable and we’ll be coming back!
Garden of Eden
7 East 14th Street (btw. Broadway & 5th Ave.), New York, NY 10003
A really beautiful and small market with a great selection of fruits & veggies. Come for lunch and grab a delicious sandwich. Come after 8pm and it’s half off the prepared foods.
Follow us on Foursquare
So, I paint my nails pretty regularly these days. I also work as a barista/cashier pretty regularly these days. A few weeks back, I had a customer come in, a fairly typical, sheltered, suburban soccer mom, and she ordered a latte from me. She saw my brightly colored nails and said, “Wow, you’re so brave! My son asked me about painting his nails, and if it’s okay for boys to do that. Now I’ll tell him there’s a cool guy who does it too!” It was a nice moment, very cute.
Then, last week, she came in again, and said, “Hey, I’m so glad you’re here! I want you to meet someone!” She then brings her son forward, and says, “Okay sweetie, show him what you did!” And he throws his hands up, showing off his bright, sparkling blue nails. He shows them off, and I show mine off to him. He smiles. We fist bump.
Guys, I’ve only wanted to cry once at work before, and that was when someone ordered a large dry soy cappuccino on ice.
This time, though. This was a good cry.
I don’t know this man or this mom, but I love them both.
aww so cute,
btw: as a barista I understand why he wanted to cry about tat drink.
Hi everyone!!! This is an art supplies giveaway for me reaching an amount of followers I said I’d do a giveaway at!
Here are the things you’ll be getting, as you can see from the photo!
- 6” by 10” Sketchbook for both wet and dry media
- A bottle of ink, you pick the color, I’ll order it from a specific site
- A fountain pen that comes with the ink from the same site
- 11 colors of Cotman Winsor & Newton watercolors
- 3 brushes
- A drawing of a subject of your choice to go on the first page! You might want to check my art out if you’re unfamiliar with me to see what types of things I usually do
And that’s that. I don’t use any of those watercolor tubes anymore, as I’ve replaced them each with higher quality tubes, so I thought: why not give them away? And I like the fountain pen I’ve been using so much that I think I’d like someone else to try it, too. I’ve also replaced the three brushes I’ve included here, so I don’t need those, either. And a drawing for good measure.
Here are the rules! Please follow these:
- No giveaway blogs. I want more people to actually see this and have a chance at getting something; a lot of artists don’t have a lot of money…
- Reblogs enter you, and a Like helps. You can’t just like - but you can do both to double your chances of just reblogging (if it falls on someone who liked it, I’ll check to see if they reblogged it)
- I’ll be checking the blog that wins to see if you’re an active blog.
- You gotta use these after they arrive! I obviously can’t enforce this, but I want to see people not being timid! Make art! That’s what these are for. I know a thing that stops a lot of people is being scared they’ll mess up and waste expensive supplies… but if this is a gift, that shouldn’t matter!
- This ends on May 24th. If I send an ask and you don’t respond within 2 days, I’ll ask the next person, and so on.
- I will ship anywhere. I’ll pay the shipping.
I think that’s everything. Have fun!!! Good luck!
It’s hard to maintain that military composure when one’s granny is inspecting!
I love how all the others are like ‘It’s the Queen I need to stand straighter and be more professional than I’ve ever been in my entire life’ and William and Harry are just like ‘lol hi Gran!’
I like to think she tries to make them laugh.
Reblogging because SHE’S ACTUALLY SMILING
Also Harry’s face.
this is still the best post on tumblr, forever.
98 year old dobri dobrev, a man who lost his hearing in the second world war, walks 10 kilometers from his village in his homemade clothes and leather shoes to the city of sofia, where he spends the day begging for money.
though a well known fixture around several of the city’s chruches, known for his prostrations of thanks to all donors, it was only recently discovered that he has donated every penny he has collected — over 40,000 euros — towards the restoration of decaying bulgarian monasteries and churches and the utility bills of orphanages, living instead off his monthly state pension of 80 euros.
there’s still good in this world